COVID-19 UPDATE | 15 JULY 2021
VICTORIAN IN LOCKDOWN - 11:59PM THURSDAY, 15 JUL 2021 TO 11.59PM ON TUESDAY, 20 JULY 2021
The Victorian State Government announced on Thursday 15 July 2021, that a circuit breaker state-wide lockdown will be in place for 5 days, in an effort to contain the current outbreak of the Delta strain of COVID-19.
Unfortunately, this means all Pony Club activities and events across the State must be cancelled or postponed until at least Wednesday, 21 JULY 2021.
Further advice on how Pony Club activities/events can recommence will be communicated after the lockdown period ends.
WHAT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PLACE FOR THE LOCKDOWN PERIOD?
Victorians must not travel more than 5km from their place of primary residence, except for the following reasons:
- shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if required)
- caregiving or compassionate reasons
- authorised work or permitted education, or work interstate
- exercise (up to two hours, with one other person or members of your household)
- receive a vaccination
- other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply)
- must be carried at all times
- must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or when visiting an intimate partner’s place of residence or if an exemption applies
HOW DOES LOCKDOWN AFFECT YOUR EQUESTRIAN ACTIVITIES?
CARE OF HORSES
- You may leave home to care for your horse if necessary including exercise for welfare reasons.
- Carry proof that you are travelling to your horse in case you are checked by police. A letter from your place of agistment should suffice.
- You should provide care for your horse in as limited time as possible, observe all government social distancing and hygiene requirements.
- You should exercise the horse on the property where the horse is kept.
- Where it is not possible to exercise your horse on the property it is kept due to safety or animal welfare concerns, you may exercise the horse locally “off property”, however, horses should not be floated to third party locations under current restrictions.
- Horses should not be recreationally ridden.
- If you have been directed to self-isolate, you must make alternative arrangements for the care of animals who are not at your home.
- You are not permitted to leave home to horse ride for recreational purposes.
CLUB GROUNDS & FACILITIES
CLUB COMPETITIONS/ACTIVITIES & RALLIES
- No face to face only online meetings
Please find below a link outlining the current restrictions for all Victorians.