18 SEPT 2020 | COVID-19 UPDATE - Regional Victoria easing of restrictions
18 SEPTEMBER 2020
Easing of restrictions in Regional Victoria from 16th September 2020
In accordance with the DHHS Restricted Activity Directions (Non-Melbourne) (No 5), we are pleased to advise an easing of restrictions which will allow members to broaden their equestrian activities.
Members residing in regional Victoria may ride off property, have riding lessons and attend club rallies and activities subject to the following conditions. Separate detailed advice will be released shortly which will include information regarding equestrian competitions.
Directions for equestrian activities in regional Victoria.
- Ride off property with members of your household or in groups of up to 10 plus and instructor if required.
- Ride outdoors at agistment properties or equestrian centres subject to owner/manager requirements.
- Participate in outdoor training/coaching activities with members of your household or in groups of up to 10 riders plus the instructor.
- Travel unlimited distances within Regional Victoria.
These allowances are for outdoor areas only – indoor arenas must remain closed.
Social distancing (1.5m) and good hygiene MUST be maintained
Club rallies and activities may resume under the following conditions:
- No more than one group of a maximum of 10 riders may be at the venue at any one time (plus the coaches and the minimum number of helpers required to run the activity). The only exception to this rule is where there is sufficient space to allow more than one group of 10 separated by a distance of 100m minimum. Groups must not intermingle whilst at the venue and facilities may not be shared.
- 1 parent/helper per child rider only.
- Facilities, with the exception of toilets, must remain closed.
- Toilets and common surfaces must be cleaned regularly.
- The COVIDsafe app should be downloaded and active.
- Name, mobile phone and time at the venue must be recorded for every person present.
- Clubs must have in place a management plan (Rally Plan) addressing COVID 19 risks.
- A COVID Safe Officer must be appointed to monitor compliance withCovid 19 rules and restrictions.
- Persons displaying any sign of sickness must not attend.
- Equipment to be cleaned between use. No sharing of equipment.
- Training for over 18 years, contact sport (eg: polo) may be conducted provided training is modified to ensure riders maintain a distance of 1.5m.
Clubs which allow member use of locked grounds for training must put in place a booking system to limit numbers at the grounds at any one time. Rules in line with the requirements for rallies and group training must be applied.
If you are doing exercise or physical activity where you are out of breath or puffing, such as cycling or running, you do not need to wear a face covering. You must carry a face covering with you and wear it before and after you exercise.
If you are doing exercise or physical activity where you are not out of breath or puffing, then you must wear a face-covering unless you have a lawful reason not to.
The approach to activities/training remains ‘get in, train, get out’, minimising unnecessary contact in stables, toilet facilities, and any communal areas.
BE SAFE, CAUTIOUS & APPROPRIATE